Lands in Saudi Arabia
The Middle East is generally known to have an excess amount of lands in the region. Saudi Arabia in particular has a huge number of lands in its different cities in which the people are trying to make use of them. Those lands are usually owned by different parties like the government, private investors and in some cases ordinary people. Moreover, most of the lands in the kingdom are usually offered for sale not for rent. The decision to buy or rent a land will depend on so many things but the most important factors are generally price, location and purpose of use. Of course also the city will matter, if it is a land in a big city than the price will differ dramatically than a land in a small city and it is not just the location of the land within the city itself.
Different Kind of Lands
There are different kind of lands for different purposes in the kingdom.
- The commercial & Residential Lands: These lands typically belong to the cities and they are used for building residential units, shopping malls, public parks, etc.. There are new plans currently undertaken by the cities to build villa and apartments on lands in the country-sides.
- Governmental lands: There are many lands in the Kingdom that belong to the Government, meaning no one is able to rent, sell or undertake any real estate transactions there except after the government agreement.
- Agricultural Lands: Although the majority of lands in the country are desert, nevertheless, there are a lot of agricultural lands and the government continues to encourage and support the increase of agricultural lands. The top three cities that contain most of the agricultural lands are Jizan, Qasim and Ta’if
- Industrial Lands: There are currently many industrial lands that belong to the government. They normally either build industrial cities on those lands or they rent or sell them to companies, industrial entities, factories, etc… plus offering all needed services for those lands.
- City hall Lands: Those are lands that belong to the cities themselves and the cities normally rent them to investors that will build something useful for the city on them.
- White Lands: Those lands are known as white lands because they are located mostly in the middle of the cities and the city centers. The government has been lately encouraging the investors to buy and rent those lands to build housing units on them to help in solving the housing problems in the major cities.